Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheap Acer Aspire AS5251-1805

Acer Aspire AS5251-1805 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Price


I purchased this laptop from Amazon when it was advertised as a one day special for a price that was below that which I could find it in local stores, plus I sales tax and shipping. It has a lower end AMD single core chipset, but it is fine for browsing the web, word processing, email, editing home photos, and watching movies and streaming content online. I do a fair amount of multitasking, and having a spreadsheet, two Word documents, 3 or 4 web tabs, and Skype open at the same time don’t seem to be a problem.
The keyboard layout is excellent, and I am liking the chiclet style keys. I also appreciate having a full 10 key numeric keypad built-in. After stripping all of the preloaded junkware, installing a decent virus protection program, this machine performs quite well. This is my first Windows 7 computer and I am liking it much more than Vista. I still have XP on a couple of older machines, and I still like that platform, but as I learn more about what Windows 7 can do, I am liking it more and more.
There are a few cons that keep this from being a 5 star review:
The built-in webcam is not the highest resolution, and there is some lag, and the sound from the speakers is quite weak. My old HP laptop had much better sound quality. But I paid less than 0 for the machine, which is half of what the 5 year old HP cost, and it is much faster with more features. I am quite happy for what this Acer offers for the money.

Feature

  • The Acer Aspire AS5251 Notebook offers powerful AMD V-Series performance, the latest connectivity technology and rich media features at practical price
  • AMD V-Series Processor and 3GB DDR3 Memory accelerate all your daily needs with the multitasking performance and responsiveness needed to download music, launch movies, chat and complete your daily tasks.
  • Enjoy today’s best high-definition entertainment and stay productive on the cinematic 15.6-inch HD widescreen display with true 16:9 aspect ratio and hear movies and music come to life via built-in stereo speakers
  • Connect to the Internet anywhere, anytime; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED conveniently delivers rapid and reliable wireless connectivity from your home, at work or on-the-go
  • The Aspire notebooks modish yet practical design brings a slenderized look. The mesh-patterned cover bring a rich appearance and prevents fingerprints and scratches

Overview

Acer Aspire AS5251-1805 Notebook comes with these specs: AMD V-Series Processor V120, Windows 7 Home Premium, 15.6-inch HD Widescreen CineCrystal LCD Display, AMD M880G Chipset, 3072 MB DDR3 1066MHz Memory, ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics with 256 MB of Dedicated System Memory, 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive, 250 GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive, Built-In HD Webcam (1280 x 1024), Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, High Definition Audio Support, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, 3 – USB 2.0 Ports, 1 – HDMI Port, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh), Up to 3 hours 20 minutes of battery life, 5.74 lbs. |2.6 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card, Registration/ Limited Warranty Card, McAfee Internet Security Suite Trial (60-day insert).

Check Price Now!

Customer Reviews

Great base for upgrades. – M.O.B. – USA
Buying this laptop I just wanted to get basic machine for everyday use. All I can say now-is WOW! I absolutely love it!!! First thing you notice is how good it’s built. Nothing is overdone but at the same time nothing is mising. Nice, brushed aluminum wristrest area. Very good hinges, that does not seam to fall apart any time soon. Very good screen. But the best part about this laptop is it’s “upgradability”. Right away I upgraded my memory to 4GB, dropped in 320GB 7200RPM hitachi HDD(this two parts I had laying around from different builds). Then on eBay I got dualcore Athlon II P320 2.1GHz 1MB cashe for .50 shipped… After all upgrades this laptop is just amazing!!! Basically for under 0 now I have laptop with specs well over 0.
Then I went on Acer website, updated my BIOS to Version 2.00. And everything is as smooth as butter. One thing I noticed and was surprised with, is that my battery life actually improved by about 30-45min. I know this might sound like nonsence, but I think that BIOS update and better power management for dual core processor did the trick.
Buy this laptop and you wont be disappointed!
Excellent value – Ed –
I was looking for a laptop to replace an older desktop in my house for every day use – internet, email, and light office work. Researched many from Dell to Sony and HP. Non offered the level of capability at this price. Very happ

No comments:

Post a Comment